Here's what I have been working on the past couple of weeks. Not a fun fall home design project (yet!)-I am freezing garden food! I am so happy and grateful to have yummy, ripe, and pesticide free food in my upstairs freezer.
My alma matter Utah State University has a great online resource for canning, freezing, and gardening recipes. I use it a lot. Here’s some methods that I followed this year for freezing.
Check it out:
1st photo- Peaches that I froze individually for smoothies and will bag now, cherries in a bag underneath, blueberries, and more zucchini in the back
Next photo- Left to right- Lebanese squash, lots zucchini, blackberries
We froze many bags of beans. We grew yellow and green beans. We froze them in a medley. We plan on serving them on Thanksgiving. I dislike canned green beans-too soggy and salty.



Left to right photos- frozen peaches ready to be bagged, lots of zucchini for bread or adding to lasagna, and frozen zucchini breads on the right
"God made rainy days so gardeners could clean house." This is so true right now my house needs my attention!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. Blessings on your day. Come back soon.