Ah, I love Utah and the big blue skies and mountains.
When I saw this rainbow a while ago from my back deck, I thought about my journey as a stay at home mom. Some days are just hard and "stormy". I don't always see the "rainbow" after the hard mothering storms. I do love being a stay at home mom (by choice) but it's a hard job to because I often feel like the constant nag and the bad guy. I hope and pray my efforts (with God's help) in trying to find a parenting balance through out the years will pay off when my kids are adults=a "rainbow after the storm".
When I need personal mothering encouragement I try to do a couple things. I read my Bible, pray, listen to music, call my husband, and/or call a friend. I love this verse that I have in my house. It helps me to know I need to rely on Christ to strengthen me when I am stressed out. I am sure you can relate. I will of course continue to pray A LOT for help, guidance, and patience! I got this frame from Hobby Lobby. They have lots of neat Christian themed items.
When I saw this rainbow a while ago from my back deck, I thought about my journey as a stay at home mom. Some days are just hard and "stormy". I don't always see the "rainbow" after the hard mothering storms. I do love being a stay at home mom (by choice) but it's a hard job to because I often feel like the constant nag and the bad guy. I hope and pray my efforts (with God's help) in trying to find a parenting balance through out the years will pay off when my kids are adults=a "rainbow after the storm".
When I need personal mothering encouragement I try to do a couple things. I read my Bible, pray, listen to music, call my husband, and/or call a friend. I love this verse that I have in my house. It helps me to know I need to rely on Christ to strengthen me when I am stressed out. I am sure you can relate. I will of course continue to pray A LOT for help, guidance, and patience! I got this frame from Hobby Lobby. They have lots of neat Christian themed items.
Here's one thing that is working for me this week during one of my storms of mothering: When I was stressed out, angry, snippy, cleaning up the 100th mess, folding the 5th load of laundry in a day, and the kids are just fighting I turn on the radio in the kitchen. I often turn to positive and encouraging klove, a Christian radio station (nation-wide) and I am filled with calmness. The Christian music helps me turn into a happy and more patient mommy. The Utah station is 88.7 FM. I hope this post helps someone out there today.
I am looking forward to more "rainbows after the storms" of daily motherhood. Have a great day mothers. Chin up!

I have that exact same radio in my kitchen, and I consider that my sanctuary, when I can go in there and turn on my KLove and clean. Us moms do the craziest things for peace!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely adore your blog, we are soo much alike, and enjoy most of the same things... and now a radio station!
Thank you so much for all of your inspiration!
-Jenn in Oregon
I'm so glad I saw your post with the radio station. I've never heard of it, but will listen to it in the car soon. I don't have a radio in the house.
ReplyDeleteCoupon crazies (Jen)- Welcome and that is neat that I had a twin and didn't know it. Just kidding. Thanks for following my blog.
ReplyDeleteValerie- Welcome to my blog. Let me know what you think of KLOVE. Come back soon.
Staci