I am so happy our raspberries produced fruit this year. As you know we are frugal folks...so the plants are from "starts" from my husband's grandma's house. So we got them for FREE!! We planted them Fall of 2008 and look at them in Fall of 2009! They are so yummy! I have a question for my fellow gardeners--The nasty huge grasshoppers are eating the leaves do you have any suggestions for me?
I picked a bunch and decided to put them on top of some Oreo ice cream. AHH it was to die for, seriously. You need to try it. What do you make with your raspberries?
I picked a bunch and decided to put them on top of some Oreo ice cream. AHH it was to die for, seriously. You need to try it. What do you make with your raspberries?



I love your blog. I live in Idaho and my raspberries come on in July and August. I am very frugal also, I got my starts years ago from a friend for free. I have 2- 30 foot rows and love them. My dear friend that gave them to me died of cancer two years ago and so everytime I work in them I think of Bonnie and thank Heavenly Father for being able to have her in my life. I bottle my raspberries like I do peaches and pears. They are delicious in the winter. I also make jam with them. Thank you for sharing your blog. You can see my raspberries on my blog in older posts. Have a good day. Karen
ReplyDeleteKaren Beth, I think when the Grandma who gave us the starts is gone I'll think of her too. I never have bottled them. I don't think I have enough with all that we have been eating. Thanks for the comment. Staci
ReplyDelete