We choose to not have cable or satellite in our home. This is our antenna on the roof. We get perfect reception in our area on our HDTV 1080 flat screen tv's. I just don't want the all the channels available in our home. Don't get me wrong it would be fun to have HDTV, The History channel, ESPN, Disney channel, and TBS. It's just our choice to simplify, resist temptation of the time sucker shows, and use money elsewhere.Here's the break down of our Analog/HDTV antenna purchase in 2006:
$120ish paid in 2006 for the Analog/HDTV antenna (there are smaller ones now that the HDTV switch has happened)
We purchased the one pictured at Circuit City (they are out of business now). I would try to get a smaller antenna now at Best Buy. We certainly have got our money's worth paying only $120 for 2 1/2 years of great local TV channels!
Keep the questions coming folks. I am happy to answer them!

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. We recently canceled our cable since we didn't use it enough. I think an antenna is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteAlso, do you mind if I use some of your pics in my "Readers" cake idea post this week?
Go for it Erika. Thanks. Staci
ReplyDelete