Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our farmer's market adventure Week 2- We sold out again!

Here's a snapshot of our Farmer's Market last Saturday. I am on the left cheesin' it up. Nicole is one of my selling buddies. All our produce is from heirloom seeds and grown organically (no pesticides!!) Check it out. We'll be selling again this Saturday. I am so grateful to God for our bountiful harvest. Watch out the Caribbean here I come. (It's my dream but I want to make it a reality this winter)

Armenian Tiger melon. These are a hot item and sell quickly. They are sweet, petite, and cute.Ah these are my second favorite. Green nutmeg melon. They have a bit of a spicy flavor. Not too powerful but unique.
Russian Farm woman melons. They have a sweet yellow-white flesh.
Sweet and flavorful carrots. We call these our sweet giants.
Our garden Huckleberries. These are annual and yes we grew them in our backyard in Utah. They are great in jam, pies, and muffins. Eating them plain is not my preference.
Ah good ole Utah sweet Blackberries. These are grown at my on my in-laws property.
A French melon with a sweet salmon color flesh. It's super sweet.
These French melons look like a gourd but they are not. The ugly warty outside hides the delightfully sweet inside. They are my favorite melon this year.
The Thai Golden melons. They have a papaya and pineapple sweet flavor. Yum.

A Canadian white flesh melon (vs. the red flesh traditional melon). It's unique, medium sweet, and tasty!

Did this make your mouth water and now you want to buy some produce? Send me an e-mail! designingmotherhood (at) hotmail (dot) com

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. Blessings on your day. Come back soon.