Well, we did it last weekend. We sold EVERYTHING we brought to the farmer's market last Saturday. We were pleasantly surprised. My husband and I didn't sleep well in anticipation of missing our alarm clock. We sprang out of bed at 6:30 a.m. and showered and were out the door at 7 a.m. We said a prayer in the truck for God's will to be done in selling our produce and that others would benefit from it. Then we drove nervously down the road with our truck full of organic and pesticide-free fruits and veggies.We set up and were ready to sell by 8 a.m. (that's our tent above) It was slow from 8-8:3o a.m. then it picked up. It was a nice morning in the high 70's. It got hoppin' by about 9-9:30 a.m. Folks were asking lots of questions on the unique items we grew. It was fun to interact with strangers, use my selling skills, and explain the yummy organic and heirloom seeds we grew. A few friends came down to support us and that was fun to see familiar faces. We sold out of everything by 10:45 a.m. Then we packed up and went home. It's funny I thought to myself....this sure beats selling stuff at a garage sale in our driveway. We made about $300 after our expenses. WOW!
So guess what we'll be back for week 2 tomorrow at the farmer's market. I post this information not to brag....but to inspire anyone with a money making dream. If you have an idea and it's medium risk GO FOR IT! We are really happy we turned a hobby into a money making opportunity.
I hope this week we have the same success. I believe farming is a risk but it can pay off too. But I'll think positive and see what happens on week 2. Plus, I always love some extra fun money in the family budget. I am always looking and wishing we can go on a trip! I hope my hubby reads this....A CRUISE please!!!!!

Congrats. That's awesome. I love all your crazy melons. I've never seen/tasted any of those.
ReplyDeleteI'll let you know what I think of the tomatoes. We planted one heirloom this year and it was great (brandywine).