Sunday, August 16, 2009

My first blog reader question!

Woo hoo I have my first blog reader question!
This is from Vicki:
"Have you heard about the local food co-ops here in Utah?" "Do you know if they are good?"

Staci's reply:
Why yes, I have heard of them! One of my blog followers, Norah is actively involved in CSA's and I have learned a lot from her blog. Check out her personal blog posts and pictures on this topic:

Norah's Recipes


Thanks Norah for the picture of one of your co-op purchases.

Another site full of information:

I personally don't have a first hand experience with the co-ops because we grow a big garden ourselves. I hear great things from my 3 friends who are participating this year. The pictures from Norah's blog look really yummy and the price is about $16.5oish for two weeks. I feel it's important to support local farmers and this is a great program. So on that note why not head out to your local farmer's market this weekend and BUY LOCAL. Thanks for the question Vicki.

3 comments:

  1. I am a volunteer coordinator for the Bountiful Baskets co-op (www.bountifulbaskets.org). I love it! Norah, whom you mentioned in your post, prefers The Community Food Co-op (http://foodco-op.net/index.html). I think the co-ops here in Utah are fantastic! Try one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for first hand experience, Tara! I am glad to see you back on my blog. You were included in one of my 3 friends that I know doing the co-ops. Have a great day pal. Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. The picture you posted though was of the Bountiful Coop. Like Tara said I do prefer the Crossroads Coop mainly because they do local first, when available. I have not noticed that Bountiful Coop does local products. Csa's are a little different than a coop. I'll leave another comment later explaining the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. Blessings on your day. Come back soon.