Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A little about me..from back in the day.

Have you read my About me post found HERE?

My mother was my main influence to my career choice of being an Interior Designer. She encouraged me in my teens to use my artistic ability in new ways and to just GO FOR IT. While I was vacationing at her house this summer I was remind of one of my teenage design projects. So, I took a picture for you to see. We redid my bedroom in an ivy theme. Stencils were in and so was dark green. Check it out! So mid 1990's huh? We were a mother/daughter team and I learned how to paint, strip furniture, sand, and stencil. I also learned patience with stenciling, it wasn't easy to get even. I look forward to many of these types of decor projects with my girls as they grow. If you have teens or tweens what have you done with them lately to encourage their creativity? Please share both girl and boy ideas.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. Blessings on your day. Come back soon.