Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Get bored of something-PAINT it.

I was bored of the white chair backs so we painted them- A brick red. It looks great with the wall color in our house (and other decor items) Tip- Sand lightly all areas, wipe down, let it dry, paint with an oil or latex based high-gloss paint for this application (easier to wipe off grime). An oil based paint takes double the dry time in the winter. We painted these in February '08 and they are now showing small chip marks on the top-but I knew the fresh coat wouldn't last more than a year. Plus, I am crossing my fingers for a new dining room set in 3-6 months. Memorial Day is a great time to buy furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. Blessings on your day. Come back soon.