Thursday, February 19, 2009

Birthday parties are coming and I am planning now!

I love to treat my kids to birthday parties with their friends (for less $ of course).
Here's my latest thought process and purchase today.
Walmart Valentine stuffed animals were 75% off today.I bought 9 Valentine puppy dogs- They hardly even look like Valentine themed dogs. They were 75% off and $1.25 each.
Party theme- A Build a Bear knock off type party at home. We will call the party theme "adopt a puppy", name it, bathe it, brush it, put bows or a kerchief on his/her ears, have some "tea" and cookies with your puppy, and of course games & songs with your puppy. Then everyone leaves with their new puppy and a small gift bag. The 4 year old birthday party is not until May. I will keep my eyes out for goodie bag stuff from Easter clearance in April.
Here's my party planning box in the basement....filled to the brim! The puppies are in a box in the cold storage area. So, there is a method to my shopping madness! Hey, there's my other 75% off Walmart purchase from last week-The football party planning pack.
I LOVE PARTIES and PLANNING!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Congratulations on your great fine, they are so cute! I did the same thing yesterday at Walmart! You can't beat the price! I paid $1.25 for a pretty good size bear! I put them away and save them for when my little daughter when she is sick or Immunization shots etc! Everyone can use a Teddy Bear for comfort! I couldn't believe all the great stuff that could be used for Birthdays and parties at 75% off! Our walmart still has a lot of cute stuffed anmimals left!
    To bad we don't live in the same state, we could have some fun at Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, I agree I get stuff marked down for later all the time. Plus getting a deal makes things in my opinion more FUN! Yeah too bad you live in a WARMER state and not COLD UT. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. Blessings on your day. Come back soon.