For my birthday this year I didn't want gifts...I wanted to get out of this house and go somewhere FUN as a family! I didn't get a true vacation this year since I had the baby and a hurt ankle. I love adventures with my kids and finally I felt up to it (physically too). So off we went to Lagoon Amusement Park in Utah. It was a blast!
The weather was perfect in the high 80's. It was decorated for Halloween and they call it Frightmares. It can be pricey but I did my best to find the best deal and still have fun.
Here's how I saved money and had a blast!
DISCOUNT TICKETS: Our elementary school had coupons for Frightmare tickets for $31.50 for adults and everyone over 4 yrs. 3 yrs and under were the toddler price of twenty something.
The weather was perfect in the high 80's. It was decorated for Halloween and they call it Frightmares. It can be pricey but I did my best to find the best deal and still have fun.Here's how I saved money and had a blast!
DISCOUNT TICKETS: Our elementary school had coupons for Frightmare tickets for $31.50 for adults and everyone over 4 yrs. 3 yrs and under were the toddler price of twenty something.
FOOD: Lagoon allows you to bring food and coolers into the park. We packed our lunch, dinner, treats, and drinks. We left our cooler and box of non refrigerated items in a pavilion on site and no one touched it. Utah is pretty trustworthy in that way.AMUSEMENT PARK FOOD TIPS: 1) I froze some water bottles and used them as ice in our cooler. Then we pulled them out and let them thaw for ice cold drinks. We refilled them at the water fountains. 2) Next time I'll bring a small crockpot with sloppy joe meat and use their outlets in the covered pavilions to heat while we go on rides-Some one else did that and it was genius to me!
WATER RIDES: Not this year based on my family ages and a baby.....but maybe when we get season passes one year. I don't see how you could do it all during the summer months. In September, Lagoon's water park isn't open and the entrance fee is adjusted for that, I think. I was ok with that since my kids are still young and we took the baby. We couldn't and wouldn't do it all this fall. But, I happily sent my husband and kids on rattlesnake rapids while the baby and I stayed back and were dry! I hate walking in wet shoes at an amusement park (now I am sounding old!)Late September for Lagoon: Hardly any lines, we took the baby and took turns riding with the girls.
What can my kids ride? I checked their website for height guidelines ahead of time so I knew what my 3 1/2 year old and 5 year old could ride. It cut down on tears and time figuring it out. It worked out great to know in advance.
GAMES: We didn't play any! They didn't even ask. We were hard core--for the rides of course.
SOUVENIRS: We didn't buy any! They didn't even ask.
SHOWS: I vote watch 'em if their good! We took a break and watched the dancing monster show and it was hilarious!
Nothing beats watching chainsaw guys dancing to I'm too sexy and You better work by Ru Paul! I was bustin' up laughing!All in all I love amusement parks, making memories as a family, and being frugal. It was one of my favorite adult b-days ever!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. Blessings on your day. Come back soon.