Before- My boring Walmart curtains
After-My beaded trim curtains
I fell in love with this simple beaded trim (with adhesive ribbon back). I found it at Walmart in their sewing area. I needed 2 packages to do my curtains. Each pack was $4.57 plus tax. I was going to add this to my lampshades (see photo) but I know my kids would pull it off in no time.
I wanted the beaded trim to hug the rod pocket seam but it the fabric was too thick for the sewing machine. Plan B- Just use the adhesive backing and put it where I wanted. I tried this for a month and it started to peel off so on to Plan C-I had to sew the trim down an inch.

I hung the rod further to the left to make the window appear larger than it really is. The window placement relative to the fireplace has always bugged me. So, I tried my best to change it with the curtain placement. I think I achieved what I was going after.
Be inspired! Put some "bling" on something in your home this weekend.

Okay, you can disregard the email that I sent you asking you how you did your curtains:) I really need help decorating! I love how the color of the curtains matches the tone of your fireplace bricks.
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura. Start a small decorating project like this first. I think a little accomplishments gets the ball rolling and your feel great about it. Ask me questions. Let me help you with a simple fun summer project. Staci
ReplyDeleteSo pretty. Just needed a little something. I love the beads.
ReplyDelete