Sunday, November 1, 2009

Goobye Halloween HELLO Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I love Christmas....I love the religious part, food, decorations, outings, the parties, the thoughtful gift giving, and togetherness. So, I really don't spend much energy on Halloween. I like somethings about it but it's just not worth my energy. I am starting to make gifts NOW for Christmas. I want to be lovingly frugal this year. I want the gifts to be meaningful and not crafty crappy. Know what I mean? So, I am going to share some fresh ideas with others who might be interested in tackling a project this month. Honestly, I have been planning Christmas since Jan 2009. It's just what I lovingly do.

Here's some ideas for anyone willing to take on a creative challenge this month. I am not making these this year but maybe another year possibly.

1. A
foam core doll house

2. A
door way puppet theatre

I am making THESE toile tutus for my girls.

Aren't they so cute? Toile tutus. They are so cute when they are short and poofy! I hear they take about 45 minutes to make one.

Items needed:
5yds of Tulle (2-3 colors)
2 ft elastic
Anything you want to decorate

  • Cut the elastic to the desired size. Remember it will stretch so measure your daughters waist with our her knowing what you are doing.
  • Sew the two sides of elastic together making a circle
  • Cut the Tulle into approx 4" strips. Use the whole length of the Tulle don't cut it in half where the fold is when you buy it. The strips need to be very long!
  • Keeping the Tulle folded in half Length wise tie it onto the elastic with a loop knot. Pulling the knot very tight and each piece of Tulle close together.
I have more ideas coming those are just a few! Stay tuned.
I NEED YOUR HELP! If you have something neat for mother in laws & grandmas who have everything leave me a comment. I am looking for those always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. I read each and every one. Blessings on your day. Come back soon.